Wanna Express One Quantity as a Percentage of Another then continue reading as you will learn completely about it. Check the detailed procedure for determining how much percentage one quantity is of another. To help you understand the concept better we have provided solved example questions. Refer to them and learn the method used easily.
Expressing One Quantity as a Percentage of Another
Follow the below mentioned steps to know how much percentage one quantity is of another. They are as under
- Take the numerator as the Quantity to be Compared.
- Consider the Quantity with which it is to be Compared as the denominator.
- Express the Quantities in Fraction Form and then multiply with 100.
While Expressing One Quantity as a Percentage of Another the two quantities must be of the same kind and should have the same units.
Let suppose we need to express m as a percentage of n then the formula is
Percentage = m/n*100 where m, n should have the same units.
Example Questions on What Percentage is One Number of the Another
1. Ram Scored 40 out of 60 in the exam. Calculate the Percentage of Marks gained by him?
From the given data numerator is the Quantity to be Compared i.e. 40
The denominator is the quantity with which it is to be compared = 60
Express it as a fraction and multiply with 100 i.e. 40/60*100
2. Express 1 Hour 20 Minutes as a Percentage of 2 Hour 40 Minutes?
1 Hour 20 Minutes = 80 Minutes
2 Hour 40 Minutes = 160 Minutes
3. Find the Number if 15% of it is 75?
Let the number be m
15% of m = 75
15/100*m = 75
m = (75*100)/15
Therefore 15% of 500 is 75.
Word Problems for finding how much percentage one quantity is of another
1. What Percent of $12 is 60 Cents?
We know 1 $ = 100 Cents
$12 = 1200 Cents
Percentage = (60/1200)*100
Therefore, 60 cents is 5% of 12$.
2. What Percent of 45 Kg is 3 Kg?
Required Percent = 3/45*100
3. 250 is what percent of 3000?
m% of 3000 = 250
m/100*3000 = 250
m = (250*100)/3000